25 Jul 2016

I almost died as Eagles coach, says Oliseh .


Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has again made shocking revelations about his time as the coach of the team. He gave detail account on Sunday via his Twitter handle with a link to his blog, SundayOliseh.tv. Oliseh resigned in February after only seven months on the job. The former Eagles captain who left abruptly cited unpaid salaries and poor working conditions as reasons for leaving the job. Oliseh said he had quite a difficult time with the Nigeria Football Federation, with some senior players like Mikel Obi, Vincent Enyeama and Victor Moses. Of his near-death he wrote, “One day whilst coaching the Super Eagles in Abuja stadium prior to the Burkina Faso game, all of a sudden I felt dizziness, light headedness, headache and could barely stand. I managed to finish the session before calling on the doctor into my room who was clueless to what was happening. “From then on it was sleepless nights, loss of appetite, high blood pressure and before I knew it I started losing weight. “After several visits to doctors abroad nothing was found though the doctors found anomalies they couldn’t pin point the actual illness to. “For weeks I was bed ridden, lost 7 kilos and could barely walk 5 metres without sitting down. My family was petrified and all feared the worst. One thing was for sure though: had I not taking that evening flight to Germany when I did, there was a strong possibility of a far worse outcome. Thank God for his mercies.” cc Punch"

No comments:

Post a Comment